10.25.2009

Chicken Bake {yum}

“There is no spectacle on earth more appealing than that of a beautiful woman in the act of cooking dinner for someone she loves.” ~Thomas Wolfe

{I had to add that specific quote. I'm hoping that's how Cameron thinks too!}

Chicken bake: One of my families favorite recipes. I don't make it too often anymore. Before children, I used to make it a LOT. Now I see chicken nuggets more often on the table instead of these yummy treats. The other day, though, I was in the mood to spend a nice relaxing afternoon in the kitchen. I first made laundry soap, then carrot cookies, then chicken bake. It was a great day! Here is how to do make these.

Start by boiling (or baking or grilling or whatever method you want to end with cooked chicken) 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Cut them up into small pieces. Put them in a big mixing bowl with 6 pieces of chopped up bacon. I usually use turkey bacon or the ready crisp stuff. I hate cooking bacon. It's a mess. Then cut up a few green onions and throw those in the bowl. Then get some frozen broccoli and thaw it in the microwave and chop it up. Throw that in the bowl. Now, add a 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan, and 1/2 bottle of Caesar dressing, and a couple of tablespoons of milk, and some pepper. Stir this up really good. Wipe the drool off your chin.

Now is the point where you need some dough. Like I said, I don't have a lot of time on my hands anymore, so I buy ready made dough at Winco. They make it fresh everyday and it costs me a buck. TOTALLY worth not kneading dough. You can make your own dough if you want. That's what I used to do. Roll it out into an oval like this:

Then just add some filling to it. Stuff as much in there as you can.

Sometimes I fold mine like a calzone, but this time I folded them like a burrito. I think I liked the burrito one better. Just fold in the ends, then roll it and seal it really good.

Make sure to set them seam side down. That will help with leakage.



Put them in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or so. By the way, these are HUGE. I try and try to make them smaller, but it never works out. Oh well. We end up stuffed and happy. With leftovers.








1 comment:

Amy said...

Kai always gets a chicken bake at Costco- I'll bet yours are way better!

I remember that Becca wrote something about making her own laundry detergetnt too!