6.22.2009

Wake up! Blueberry Muffins

“Well, I can't eat muffins in an agitated manner. The butter would parobably get on my cuffs. One should always eat muffins quite calmly. It is the only way to eat them.”Oscar Wilde (1854-1900) 'The Importance of Being Earnest' (1895)




I had some extra blueberries this morning and an open schedule. That could only mean one thing: blueberry muffins! I had to take a picture quick before my kids ate them all!

Wake Up! Blueberry Muffins

1/2 c. butter, soft
1 c. sugar
2 eggs beaten
1/2 c. milk
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 c. fresh blueberries
2 Tbsp. sugar

In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Stir in milk. Combine dry ingredients in seperate bowl and mix well. Add dry to wet and stir. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake 375 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.

No comments: