6.02.2009

{wimpy}

"Fear is only as deep as the mind allows."-- Japanese Proverb.



I'm a wimp. I'm one of the biggest wimps I know. No, I'm not talking about screaming when I see a bug or a mouse or a snake. I can handle those. My fear comes from my mind... oh, this sick and twisted mind gets me into a lot of unnecessary trouble. Let me explain:

I went to the movies on Friday night with my Sister-in-law. We saw the new movie, "Obsessed". I picked it. Why? It looked interesting and not too scary. Overall, the movie was good, but at the height of the suspense, I felt very uncomfortable. I didn't like it one bit. As I was sitting there trying not to think too much about the movie so I wouldn't get too worked up, my mind wandered. I thought back to my trip to Disneyland in January. You see, everyone told me to go on the "Tower of Terror" ride. "oh", they'd say, "It's really not scary. My six year old loved it!" I reluctantly went. During the ride, I remember being really mad at myself because I was scared out of my mind. I was hunched over in a little ball while my mother next to me was laughing. Ugh. It makes me so mad when I think of how wimpy I really am! While sitting in that movie theater, I thought to myself, "I bet I'm the only one in this theater that is really scared in this not-so-scary movie".
I went to a movie with Cameron when we lived in Laie. It was "Signs". I sat through the entire movie clinging to Cameron with my eyes closed and my ears plugged. I can honestly say that I don't even know the plot of that movie.

So, let's sum it up, shall we? I don't like sad movies (as you read in an earlier post). I don't like scary movies. I don't like suspenseful movies. What does that leave? Comedies and Documentaries. Poor Cameron. As for rides, what do I like? Nothing that falls, gets too high, or is scary in any way. Oh. And nothing that spins because that makes me sick. What does that leave? "Soaring over California" and the occasional slide.

Sheesh. I might as well wear a pocket protector and have headgear. Don't tell anyone I'm a wimpy nerd, ok? It will ruin my reputation.


1 comment:

Amy said...

You are so funny! I hate scary movies and I hate rides that fall straight down. Ain't never going to see me on Tower of Terror. Don't call it whimpy - you just know your limits:)