2.04.2011

Open windows!

"You must position yourself in front of a growth curve, not in the middle, and not at the end, but at the inception and then realize that the window of opportunity is always closing so work like there is no tomorrow" ~Warren Buffet



I love this quote, because this describes exactly what we've gotten ourselves into, and exactly what we are so excited about! I just have to share this, not because I really want to "sell" you anything, but because it's too cool to keep a secret anymore. In fact, I don't want people asking me in the future why the heck I didn't tell them about this at the beginning.

You see, Cameron and I are quite often presented with business opportunities. Some actually sound like a good idea (like Menchie's!), and some we are quick to pass on. I don't like gambling. I don't like taking risks. However, I like to be "in" on something new and upcoming. (like Menchie's!) I like to be the first one to start a new idea or trend. I like to be the first one to have the latest technology. Well, one day Cameron came to me with a business opportunity he heard from his trusted friend. It was a multi-level marketing idea.

I do not like to do these kinds of things.

I don't like to sell to people. I don't like to make people feel uncomfortable and feel obligated to buy things. Can you guess what I told Cameron? No No No NO NO.

And then he told me what people are saying about this stuff. And how crazy they were after they tried this stuff. And then he told me that the company hasn't even started yet and we would be at the top of the levels. That peaked my interest a bit. But, I'm a skeptic. Cameron was about to get his hands on some pre-production samples. It consists of a day cream, a night cream, and an anti-aging cream. I thought, "What the heck is so special about this stuff?" Cameron tried to tell me that it had no chemicals in it, blah blah blah... I still wasn't impressed. He said, "Just try it for 3 days". So I did. It smelled kinda funny. Not bad, but weird. I was used to cream that smelled like flowers, and fruit, and girly things like that. The night cream smelled like oregano. I smelled like a pizza. When I went to bed, I decided that smelling like a pizza wasn't all that bad. I've often thought that people should smell like food :) The day cream smells like chocolate. Not bad, either! After three days were over, I really did notice a difference, but I didn't want to admit it. I really didn't want to get into this "multi-level" marketing company that I have never heard of. I felt more comfortable getting into Scentsy or Pampered Chef because they were everywhere. After day four, though, I couldn't hide it anymore. I really didn't want to ever be without this cream. In fact, I heard from our friend that it worked on their child's eczema, and on their rosacea. Well, I have been struggling for 3 years to get Austin's eczema under control. I've tried everything. I felt really bad when his eczema was inflamed, because when I put lotion on it, he would scream in pain because I was rubbing chemicals on it! I tried the lotion just a while ago, and you know what? It's gone. I didn't hurt him either.

Enough of my conversion to the cream. Onto the actual money I could make with this stuff. Being at the beginning of a "wave" like this could mean two things: it could go really well, or it could totally flop. The first pioneers of many companies like scentsy and avon are not multi-millionaires because of their foresight and risk they took. Cameron told me that we would get our money back plus some if we just signed three people up. That was good enough for me. I didn't mind taking that small of a risk for something that potentially be huge.

Well, this is where I stand now. I am definitely going to buy the cream every month and use it on myself and my children. I feel good about it. It really is amazing stuff that took 20 years in Croatia to create.

I really do feel like standing on top of a mountain and telling everyone about it, though. I just feel as though people would think I'm being insincere because I'm just trying to sell something. This really isn't the case. I really just want to share this opportunity with everyone around me so that we all can be blessed with this knowledge before the company even launches!

I was really pleased to hear that our friend who introduced this to us is already getting checks in the mail for the people he's signed up in his area. He is already bringing in $3000/month. The product launches on the 11th. I can't wait to see what the bottles look like and what it will be named!

If you are interested in this, watch this video and it will explain it all to you a lot better than I can. I will have samples of the cream after the 11th to give out if you want to try it for yourself.



Skin Care revolution from Kevin on Vimeo.

No comments: